The Surrogacy Podcast Episode 59: Marian is an intended parent in South Australia and became a mum, via surrogacy, to Hugo in 2017. You might recall hearing about Hugo in Episode 23, where his surrogate Rachel told her story (in three parts – start with Part 1). Rachel’s partner Simon was interviewed for Episode 57.
Sadly, Hugo passed away at four days old, but the friendship between Marian and Rachel and their partners David and Simon has withstood not only the test of time but the challenges of an incredibly complex and emotional surrogacy journey. They went on to have baby Matilda earlier this year.
Marian has some amazing insights to share for intended parents and surrogates alike, and her generosity and authenticity is inspiring. Marian and David are in South Australia, where the South Australia surrogacy laws changed in late 2019.
You can find out more information about some of the things we discussed, including:
- Consider whether you meet the criteria to pursue surrogacy in Australia.
- How to find a surrogate in Australia.
- Surrogacy laws and what to expect from the legal requirements.
- Gay men and couples may be interested in what’s involved in egg donation and surrogacy.
- If you’re considering becoming a surrogate, you can read more about it and book in for a free consult with me.
- International surrogacy options for Australian intended parents.
Sarah is a surrogacy lawyer and has published a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia. Sarah has been a surrogacy lawyer for many surrogacy arrangements in Adelaide and across South Australia.
You can find more information in the free Surrogacy Handbook, reading articles in the Blog, by listening to more episodes of the Podcast. You can also book in for a consult with me below.
Sarah can assist with surrogacy arrangements across all states, including Adelaide and South Australia and cross-border arrangements. You can contact me here. All consults are conducted over Zoom and email.
You can book in for a consult with me below, and check out the legal services I provide.
Connect with me