The Australian Surrogacy Podcast Episode 57: Simon. Simon is the partner of three-time surrogate Rachael, who appeared in Episode 23 (all three parts of it!).
Surrogate partners provide great insight into what is involved in a surrogacy arrangement for the surrogate team. Partners are our anchors, and also a good measure of how things are really going when we might want to focus only on the positive.
Simon has supported Rachel and been on the surrogacy journey with her over more than a decade, and his experience is invaluable for other surrogate partners, as well as for surrogates and intended parents. You can read more about surrogate partners and what they bring to the team, and what their needs might be.
You can find out more information about some of the things we discussed, including:
- Consider whether you meet the criteria to pursue surrogacy in Australia.
- How to find a surrogate in Australia.
- Surrogacy laws and what to expect from the legal requirements.
- Gay men and couples may be interested in what’s involved in egg donation and surrogacy.
- If you’re considering becoming a surrogate, you can read more about it and book in for a free consult with me.
- International surrogacy options for Australian intended parents.
Sarah has written a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, which is the only guide to surrogacy in Australia.
You can find more information in the free Surrogacy Handbook, reading articles in the Blog, by listening to more episodes of the Surrogacy Podcast. You can also book in for a consult with me below, and check out the legal services I provide.
Connect with me