Many intended parents explore surrogacy in Australia and overseas. Each situation is different, and it is important to get reliable legal advice before entering an international surrogacy arrangement.
You can read more about international surrogacy options to get you started.
If you are new to surrogacy, you can read about how to find a surrogate, or what is required to be a surrogate. You can also download the free Surrogacy Handbook which explains the processes and options.
Sarah has published a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia.
Sarah can provide advice for intended parents about all things surrogacy and donor conceptions, including:
- what intended parents need to know about qualifying for surrogacy in Australia
- finding and connecting with a surrogate
- the surrogacy process
- navigating surrogacy laws that apply to you
- international surrogacy options for Australian intended parents
- importing and exporting gametes and embryos
- returning to Australia with your baby after engaging in international surrogacy
Sarah provides legal advice for intended parents around Australia, over Zoom and in person, during the daytime and evening. You can book in for a consult with Sarah below.
You can find more information in the free Surrogacy Handbook, reading articles in the Blog, by listening to more episodes of the Surrogacy Podcast. For information about international surrogacy, you can also visit the Home Affairs website.