The Surrogacy Podcast Episode 47: Loz. Loz is the partner of a surrogate, Susan, who appears later in the Podcast in Episode 94. Like most partners of a surrogate, Loz is unassuming and might have thought he was just along for the ride when his wife announced she wanted to carry a baby for someone else. And, like most other partners, his role as support person to the surrogate cannot be underestimated. Surrogate partners are as much an equal member of the team as everyone else, and their role and involvement is crucial for a surrogacy arrangement to be successful.
You can find out more information about some of the things we discussed, including:
- How to find a surrogate in Australia.
- The partners of surrogates, who are the unsung heroes of surrogacy.
- Ideas for caring for your surrogate, her partner and her family.
- If you’re considering becoming a surrogate, you can read more about it and book in for a free consult with me.
- Overseas surrogacy options for Australian intended parents.
Sarah has published a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia.