The Australian Surrogacy Podcast Episode 74: Tim. Tim is an intended parent, and with his husband Jason is pursuing surrogacy in Melbourne.
In this episode, we talked about the challenges and pitfalls of looking for a surrogate or intended parents in Australia, using social media and local meet-ups. Not everyone likes social media, so when that is the primary medium for finding a surrogate or intended parents, it can be a daunting prospect.
In this episode, we talked about:
- How to find a surrogate in Australia
- The Australian Surrogacy Community Facebook group
- The Surrogacy Handbook, which is free and downloadable – and Tim’s favourite resource
- Our mutual friend Amanda, who appeared on the Podcast in episode 18
- The fun and support you can get at a local surrogacy catch-up
- Why it’s important to follow the rules of social media engagement.
Tim’s advice, if you are a surrogate and intended parent: “You can’t leave a footprint if you don’t step in the mud.” But just as important, you have a responsibility to yourself and to the surrogacy community, to make sure that others have a positive experience of surrogacy.