The Australian Surrogacy Podcast Episode 74: Tim. Tim is an intended parent, and with his husband Jason is pursuing surrogacy in Melbourne.
In this episode, we talked about the challenges and pitfalls of looking for a surrogate or intended parents in Australia, using social media and local meet-ups. Not everyone likes social media, so when that is the primary medium for finding a surrogate or intended parents, it can be a daunting prospect.
In this episode, we talked about:
- How to find a surrogate in Australia
- The Australian Surrogacy Community Facebook group
- The Surrogacy Handbook, which is free and downloadable – and Tim’s favourite resource
- Our mutual friend Amanda, who appeared on the Podcast in episode 18
- The fun and support you can get at a local surrogacy catch-up
- Why it’s important to follow the rules of social media engagement.
Tim’s advice, if you are a surrogate and intended parent: “You can’t leave a footprint if you don’t step in the mud.” But just as important, you have a responsibility to yourself and to the surrogacy community, to make sure that others have a positive experience of surrogacy.
You can find more information in the free Surrogacy Handbook, reading articles in the Blog, by listening to more episodes of the Surrogacy Podcast. You can also book in for a consult with me below.
Sarah can assist with surrogacy arrangements across all States, including Victoria and cross-border arrangements. You can contact me here. All consults are conducted over Zoom and email. You can book in for a consult with me below, and check out the legal services I provide.
Connect with me