The Surrogacy Podcast Episode 18: Amanda. Amanda was a traditional surrogate for her friends Dhusk and Tim, and gave birth to Sailor in 2018. Amanda has four children of her own, and had offered to be a surrogate for her friend when they were still in high school. They initially entered a gestational surrogacy arrangement, but switched to traditional surrogacy after they didn’t have success with the embryos created with an egg donor.
Traditional surrogacy, where a surrogate uses her own egg, is less common than gestational surrogacy, and can be a different dynamic and journey.
You can find out more information about some of the things we discussed, including:
- Traditional surrogacy, and the Podcast episode with Katrina Hale where we talked about traditional surrogacy.
- Options for gay dads to pursue surrogacy.
- How to find a surrogate in Australia.
- Surrogacy laws and what to expect from the legal requirements
- If you’re considering becoming a surrogate, you can read more about it and book in for a free consult with me.
- My reflections on the first year, after giving birth as a traditional surrogate.
- Overseas surrogacy options for Australian intended parents.
Sarah has published a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia.
You can find more information in the free Surrogacy Handbook, reading articles in the Blog, by listening to more episodes of the Surrogacy Podcast. You can also book in for a consult with me below, and check out the legal services I provide.
Connect with me