The Surrogacy Podcast Episode 18: Amanda. Amanda was a traditional surrogate for her friends Dhusk and Tim, and gave birth to Sailor in 2018. Amanda has four children of her own, and had offered to be a surrogate for her friend when they were still in high school. They initially entered a gestational surrogacy arrangement, but switched to traditional surrogacy after they didn’t have success with the embryos created with an egg donor.
Traditional surrogacy, where a surrogate uses her own egg, is less common than gestational surrogacy, and can be a different dynamic and journey.
You can find out more information about some of the things we discussed, including:
- Traditional surrogacy, and the Podcast episode with Katrina Hale where we talked about traditional surrogacy.
- Options for gay dads to pursue surrogacy.
- How to find a surrogate in Australia.
- Surrogacy laws and what to expect from the legal requirements
- If you’re considering becoming a surrogate, you can read more about it and book in for a free consult with me.
- My reflections on the first year, after giving birth as a traditional surrogate.
- Overseas surrogacy options for Australian intended parents.
Sarah has published a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia.