The Australian Surrogacy Podcast Episode 87: Anthony and Patrick. Anthony and Patrick are gay dads in Sydney, and they became dads through surrogacy when their daughter was born in 2017. Their surrogate, Bree, was on Episode 42 of the Podcast, and she and her family live in Victoria. The team progressed with a gestational surrogacy arrangement to have Haesel, and later entered a traditional surrogacy arrangement to try and have a a sibling for Haesel. They are now putting themselves out there for the possibility of meeting new friends who might help them grow their family.
Some of the things we talk about in this episode include:
- Rachel Kunde’s story as a surrogate, which inspired Anthony and Patrick to research surrogacy as an option for themselves. Rachel has been on the Podcast and her episodes can be heard from Part 1.
- The importance of seeing and hearing other stories from gay dads, to normalise the options and their family make-up. You can listen to other stories on the Podcast involving gay dads.
- How they found a surrogate in Australia, including joining the Australian Surrogacy Community on Facebook.
- The importance of supporting a surrogate to make decisions about the birth options and birth planning as a team and making sure the hospital management of a surrogacy birth is supportive of the entire team.
- Anthony and Patrick live interstate from Bree and her family, so we talked about how to support your surrogate and her family.
You can find more information in the free Surrogacy Handbook, reading articles in the Blog, by listening to more episodes of the Surrogacy Podcast.
Sarah is the only lawyer in Australia practising exclusively in surrogacy and donor conception, or ‘family creation’ law. Sarah has been a surrogacy lawyer for many surrogacy arrangements in Sydney, Wollongong, Newcastle, Port Macquarie and across New South Wales.
Sarah can assist with surrogacy arrangements across all States, including Victoria and cross-border arrangements. You can contact me here. All consults are conducted over Zoom and email. You can book in for a consult with me below, and check out the legal services I provide.
Connect with me