The Australian Surrogacy Podcast Episode 68: Jessica. Jessica was a gestational surrogate for friends living nearby in regional Victoria, and delivered a baby in November. She’s right at the end of the fourth trimester, so it was great to check in with her and find out how the last few months have been for her, her family and her relationship with the baby and the intended parents.
We talked about so much in this episode, and Jessica’s reflections were so invaluable. I just know that surrogates and intended parents in the future will be listening to this episode and taking notes and nodding along with her advice. Here’s some things we talked about:
- the importance of having discussions as a team about what to expect from the process, and IVF treatment and specialist care;
- planning a surrogacy birth and the importance of having amazing supports, including continuity of care;
- what to expect in the fourth trimester;
- the importance of surrogacy counselling and having support from someone amazing like Katrina Hale;
- how you can plan for what happens after the surrogacy is over, to help you get back to a normal life.
We also talked about the Surrogacy Sisterhood, and how having the support of women who have been surrogates is so invaluable to get you through the unique experience of being a surrogate.
You can find out more information about some of the things we discussed, including:
- Consider whether you meet the criteria to pursue surrogacy in Australia.
- How to find a surrogate in Australia.
- Surrogacy laws and what to expect from the legal requirements.
- Gay men and couples may be interested in what’s involved in egg donation and surrogacy.
- If you’re considering becoming a surrogate, you can read more about it and book in for a free consult with me.
- International surrogacy options for Australian intended parents.
You can find more information in the free Surrogacy Handbook, reading articles in the Blog, by listening to more episodes of the Surrogacy Podcast. You can also book in for a consult with me below.
Sarah can assist with Surrogacy Parentage Order applications for Victorian surrogacy arrangements. Sarah offers an affordable DIY Parentage Order package to transfer parentage from the birth parents to the intended parents.
Sarah can assist with surrogacy arrangements across all States, including Victoria and cross-border arrangements. You can contact me here. All consults are conducted over Zoom and email. You can book in for a consult with me below, and check out the legal services I provide.
Connect with me