The Surrogacy Podcast Episode 6 (Part2): Felicity. Felicity is an intended parent and pursued American surrogacy after suffering infertility and loss.
This is Part 2 of my interview with Felicity. Make sure to listen to Part 1 first! In that episode we talked about all the research that Felicity did before settling on American surrogacy as the option to grow her family.
I’m often asked about intended parents engaging in commercial surrogacy in America, and what’s involved in bringing the baby home. Felicity gives a great analysis of what’s involved and why she didn’t need to pay expensive lawyers on her return home. You can also read more about commercial surrogacy and parentage orders.
Some issues that we discussed in this Podcast episode:
- Overseas surrogacy options for Australian intended parents, including surrogacy options in America
- How to find a surrogate in Australia
- The importance of doing your research and finding reliable sources of information before choosing the option that’s right for you.
- Surrogacy laws in Australia
- Other Podcast episodes involving intended parents travelling overseas.
- If you are new to surrogacy, you can start with this post which takes you through the steps.
Sarah has published a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia.