This is Part 1 of my interview with Felicity, a parent through surrogacy in America. Felicity and her partner suffered with infertility, miscarriage and the loss of her baby daughter Lily, before eventually having a child through surrogacy in the US. Felicity joined me on the Podcast to talk about her research into surrogacy in Australia and overseas before settling on the option of surrogacy in America. Felicity talks about how much was involved in her research, about having the support of her partner and family, and about the amazing relationship she now has with her surrogate family in America.
Make sure to listen to Part 2 with Felicity, where she talks about her experience in the US and bringing baby home to Australia. In that episode, Felicity talks about doing all the paperwork for the passport, visa, Citizenship by Descent and travel documents without engaging a third party or a lawyer to do it for her.
Some issues that we discussed in this Podcast episode:
- Overseas surrogacy options for Australian intended parent
- How to find a surrogate in Australia
- The importance of doing your research and finding reliable sources of information before choosing the option that’s right for you.
- Surrogacy laws in Australia
- Other Podcast episodes involving intended parents travelling overseas.
- If you are new to surrogacy, you can start with this post which takes you through the steps.
Sarah has published a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia.