The Australian Surrogacy Podcast Episode 51 is with Michelle, doula, FIFO partner and mum from WA. Michelle enjoyed pregnancy and birth so much that she went back and did it again, for WA couple Kate and Kris. Kate has MRKH, and the team found each other through the surrogacy community. Whilst they had an amazing pregnancy and birth experience, Michelle suffered from a post-partum haemorrhage and woke up in ICU the next day. The experience was traumatic, and yet Michelle says she’d do it all over again if she could.
You can read more about Michelle’s Amazing Surrogacy story, and also follow her on Instagram.
You can contact me for a free initial advice session if you’re becoming a surrogate.
You can find out more information about some of the things we discussed, including:
- Consider whether you meet the criteria to pursue surrogacy in Australia.
- How to find a surrogate in Australia.
- Surrogacy laws and what to expect from the legal requirements.
- Gay men and couples may be interested in what’s involved in egg donation and surrogacy.
- If you’re considering becoming a surrogate, you can read more about it and book in for a free consult with me.
- International surrogacy options for Australian intended parents.
Sarah is a surrogacy lawyer and has published a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia. Sarah has been a surrogacy lawyer for many surrogacy arrangements in Perth and across Western Australia.
You can find more information in the free Surrogacy Handbook, reading articles in the Blog, by listening to more episodes of the Podcast. You can also book in for a consult with me below.
Sarah can assist with surrogacy arrangements across all states, including Adelaide and South Australia and cross-border arrangements. You can contact me here. All consults are conducted over Zoom and email.
Sarah can also assist with Parentage Order applications in Western Australia.
You can book in for a consult with me below, and check out the legal services I provide.
Connect with me