The Australian Surrogacy Podcast Episode 70: Michelle.
Michelle is an egg donor and surrogate in New South Wales, and delivered a baby for two dads in 2019. She’s married and has two teenage children, and is gearing up to conceive another baby for the same intended parents in 2020. Michelle and I talked about her egg donations, her relationships with her donor recipients and their children, the surrogacy and the challenges and highlights of her journey.
If you are planning a surrogacy journey, you might like to read about setting expectations between intended parents and surrogate couples. We also talked about what Michelle’s children think of the surrogacy, and you can read more about kids and surrogacy.
You can find more information in the free Australian Surrogacy Handbook, reading articles in the Blog, by listening to more episodes of the the Australian Surrogacy Podcast. You can also book in for a consult with me below.
You can find out more information about some of the things we discussed, including:
- Consider whether you meet the criteria to pursue surrogacy in Australia.
- How to find a surrogate in Australia.
- Surrogacy laws and what to expect from the legal requirements, including the South Australian surrogacy laws which have recently been reformed.
- If you’re considering becoming a surrogate, you can read more about it and book in for a free consult with me.
- International surrogacy options for Australian intended parents.
Sarah has published a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia.