The Surrogacy Podcast Episode 97: Katie. Katie is a surrogate in New Zealand, who carried for her sister and birthed a few months ago. Katie is originally from Ireland, and so is her sister – so their surrogacy journey crossed Irish and New Zealand borders and two different legal frameworks. Add in a global pandemic part-way through a pregnancy, and a mad-dash across the world before borders shut, and then two families in lockdown before a baby arrives – and we’ve got quite the epic tale of surrogacy!
You can find out more information about some of the things we discussed, including:
- Surrogacy, COVID and travel restrictions
- Planning a surrogacy birth, including the importance of having a birth photographer
- Surrogacy birth planning during COVID
- Katie talked a lot about the benefit of having ongoing support with surrogacy counselling
- Katie’s case required approval from New Zealand’s Ethics Committee and made the news!
- You can find out more about the Australian Surrogacy laws and what to expect from the legal requirements.
- If you’re considering becoming a surrogate, you can read more about it and book in for a free consult with me.
- International surrogacy options for intended parents.
Sarah has published a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia.
You can find more information in the free Surrogacy Handbook, reading articles in the Blog, by listening to more episodes of the Surrogacy Podcast. You can also book in for a consult with me below, and check out the legal services I provide.
Connect with me