The Surrogacy Podcast Episode 100: Mike, Nate and Sarah. We made it to 100 episodes of the Podcast! And it seems only fitting that we revisit the earlier episodes, and in particular my interview with my intended parents, Mike and Nate. When we recorded those first episodes, we were very early in the fourth trimester and and finding our feet as new parents and (old) surrogate. Almost three years later, with a toddler running around and the benefit of hindsight and reflection, we got to chat about our relationships with each other, with Darcey and my children, and what we’ve learned in the past three years. We also got to chat about Mike and Nate’s experience of parenting post-surrogacy, in a two-dad family.
You can find out more information about some of the things we discussed, including:
- Reflecting on the last 99 episodes of the Podcast, including Episode 1 (me) and Episode 2 (Mike and Nate).
- Mike and Nate’s reflections on being intended parents – experiencing pregnancy, birth and the fourth trimester.
- Managing our fears during and after surrogacy, such as those I discussed with Katrina Hale in Episode 48 of the Podcast.
- Kids and surrogacy, and helping Darcey and my kids understand their relationships and her story.
- Being a two-dad family and growing their family through surrogacy.
Sarah has published a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia.