The Australian Surrogacy Podcast Episode 91: Rob. Rob and his husband Mark recently returned to Australia with their son Louis, who was born through altruistic surrogacy in Canada. They explored egg donation and surrogacy within Australia before considering options overseas. They created embryos with a donor in the USA, and finally landed on surrogacy in Canada and met their surrogate Toya in record time. Baby Louis arrived earlier this year at the cusp of the pandemic and airport shutdowns, but they were able to return to Australia before things got too hairy.
You can find out more information about some of the things we discussed, including:
- How to find a surrogate in Australia.
- The Gay Intended Dads Facebook group
- Surrogacy laws and what to expect from the legal requirements.
- If you’re considering becoming a surrogate, you can read more about it and book in for a free consult with me.
- Overseas surrogacy options for Australian intended parents. You can hear other stories involving surrogacy in Canada on the Podcast, including surrogate Sara and intended parents Costa and Hillary.
Sarah has published a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia.