The Australian Surrogacy Podcast Episode 90: Francine and Ian. Francine came to Australia for a ‘gap year’ – and is still here, many years later! Francine was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at the age of 31, and is lucky enough to now be cancer-free, 5 years on. They’ve had a lovely offer of an egg donor and are hoping to create embryos in the coming months.
Francine recommends Brene Brown books and podcasts, and in particular her book Daring Greatly. She’s also been trying her hand at sourdough bread! Ian is from Canberra and enjoys gardening – and he should probably have shares in Bunnings! Francine calls him her Macgyver and he’s quite handy around the house.
You can find out more information about some of the things we discussed, including:
- Egg Donation in Australia
- How to find a surrogate in Australia.
- Surrogacy laws and what to expect from the legal requirements.
- If you’re considering becoming a surrogate, you can read more about it and book in for a free consult with me.
- Overseas surrogacy options for Australian intended parents.