The Surrogacy Podcast Episode 22: Steve. Steve is a father through surrogacy, and he and his wife Jen welcomed baby Holly in 2016. Jen suffered with endometriosis and was unable to conceive or carry a child herself. I interviewed Steve and Jen’s surrogate, Bec, earlier in the podcast. Steve reflects on his journey as an intended father, and managing the challenges of Jen’s endometriosis, infertility, and surrogacy, particularly with an interstate surrogate.
Steve and Jen had the help of an egg donor who is local to them, which means Holly can have access with the donor as she gets older.
Some things we talked about in this episode:
- How to find a surrogate in Australia.
- You can get support for endometriosis from Endometriosis Australia.
- Surrogacy laws and what to expect from the legal requirements..
- The importance of setting expectations and being on the same page with your surrogate or intended parents, before entering the arrangement.
- Birth planning and having a positive fourth trimester.
- If you’re considering becoming a surrogate, you can read more about it and book in for a free consult with me.
If you are new to surrogacy as an intended parent, you might like to start with this post. If you are a potential future surrogate, this post provides some information.
I’ve written a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia.
You can find more information in the free Surrogacy Handbook, reading articles in the Blog, by listening to more episodes of the Surrogacy Podcast. You can also book in for a consult with me below, and check out the legal services I provide.
Connect with me