The Surrogacy Podcast Episode 95: Cherie and Alex. Cherie is a cancer survivor, and she and her partner Alex live with their gorgeous pups in Melbourne. They’ve recently managed to freeze embryos, and Cherie is taking time out to concentrate on her health after the cancer diagnosis. Cherie is an accomplished pianist and violinist, and Alex is heavily involved in car clubs. Cherie is into trashy reality television (I reckon she should be ON Gogglebox!).
Cherie has recently started her own cooking blog on Instagram, cooking up a storm of recipes from her family and Alex’s family. You can follow her on Instagram @cookingwith_cherie. Cherie and Alex are both on Facebook and happy to connect with the surrogacy community, and have been on the community Zoom calls. Hopefully social distancing restrictions will lift so we can have some face to face catch ups in Melbourne.
You can find out more information about surrogacy, including:
- How to find a surrogate in Australia.
- Surrogacy laws and what to expect from the legal requirements
- How to share your story for surrogacy with your own friends and family.
- If you’re considering becoming a surrogate, you can read more about it and book in for a free consult with me.
- Overseas surrogacy options for Australian intended parents.
Sarah has published a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia.