The Surrogacy Podcast Episode 26 (Part 2): Renee. Renee shares her second journey with us, with different intended parents. Renee and her partner approached the journey with the benefit of their first experience, but they were met with many challenges along the way. Their friendship with their intended parents is strong, but as you’ll hear, surrogacy is about so much more than just having a baby.
Renee’s second journey was not as smooth as they had hoped, and the outcome wasn’t what they had hoped for. Surrogates become just as invested in the process as the intended parents, and surrogates will share the disappointments and grief when things do not turn out the way we had dreamed.
Make sure to listen to Renee’s first interview on the Podcast, where she speaks about her first journey as a surrogate.
Some things we talked about in this episode:
- How to find a surrogate in Australia.
- The laws and what to expect from the legal requirements..
- The importance of setting expectations and being on the same page with your surrogate or intended parents, before entering the arrangement.
- Birth planning and having a positive fourth trimester.
- If you’re considering becoming a surrogate, you can read more about it and book in for a free consult with me.
I’ve written a book, More Than Just a Baby: A Guide to Surrogacy for Intended Parents and Surrogates, the only guide to surrogacy in Australia.